Katherine Zalantis is a partner at Silverberg Zalantis LLC. Prior to joining Silverberg Zalantis LLC, she was a partner with one of the 50 largest law firms in the United States. Her areas of practice include zoning and land use, municipal, real estate and commercial law. She has substantial litigation experience in all of these areas, in both the New York State and Federal Courts. In addition, she has handled numerous appeals relating primarily to zoning and planning, environmental and general municipal law, including two cases of first impression before the Court of Appeals involving cellular service and the federal Telecommunications Act. She also has trial experience ranging from a jury trial in the Supreme Court, Bronx County to a complex damages hearing in the Commercial Part of Supreme Court, Westchester County. Kathy has worked on many real estate transactions representing individuals, small and large businesses, commercial landlords and lending institutions. She also is in charge of the firm's Connecticut zoning, land use and real estate practice.
In addition to providing services to corporations and individuals, Kathy continues to provide legal services to several municipalities including the Town of Ossining, Villages of Tarrytown and New Hempstead and the Town of Haverstraw.
She co-authored an article in the Municipal Lawyer entitled "Chambers v. Old Stone Hill: Court of Appeals rejects public policy argument and declines to extinguish private contractual rights." Kathy has been a speaker at a number of CLE programs on land use and zoning topics, including RLUIPA, SEQRA and Climate Change, and continues to contribute articles to major publications on topics such as SEQRA and RLUIPA. She also currently serves as co-chair of the Environmental and Land Use Committee of the Westchester Women's Bar Association.
Some of the cases where she received favorable results for her clients include the following published decisions:
- Lucas v. Board of Appeals of the Village of Mamaroneck, 109 A.D.3d 925 (2d Dep't 2013)
- DMAC LLC v. City of Peekskill, 09 civ 5093 (SDNY 2012)
- Edwards v. Davison, 941 N.Y.S.2d 873 (2d Dep't 2012)
- South Liberty Partners LP v. Town of Haverstraw, 82 A.D.3d. 956 (2d Dep't 2011)
- Matter of Henderson v. Zoning Board of Appeals, 72 A.D.3d 684, 897 N.Y.S2d 518 (2d Dep't 2010)
- Matter of Vinrus Corp. v. Village of Pelham Manor Building Inspector, 66 A.D.3d 690, 885 N.Y.S.2d 444 (2d Dep't 2009)
- Matter of Lake Grove Partners LLC v. Middleton, 29 A.D.3d 794, 814 N.Y.S.2d 741 (2d Dep't 2006)
- Village of Mamaroneck v. Mamaroneck Affordable Condominium Corp., 13 A.D.3d 361, 786 N.Y.S.2d 103 (2d Dep't 2004)
- Regatta Condominium Association v. Village of Mamaroneck, 303 A.D.2d 737, 758 N.Y.S.2d 348 (2d Dep't 2003)
- Kaufman v. Office of Building Inspector, 295 A.D.2d 349, 743 N.Y.S.2d 880 (2d Dep't 2002)
- Harbour View Racquet Club, Inc. v. Village of Mamaroneck, 287 A.D.2d 437, 731 N.Y.S.2d 71 (2d Dep't 2001)
- Paintball Sports, Inc. v. Pierpont, 284 A.D.2d 537, 727 N.Y.S.2d 466 (2d Dep't 2001)
- BMW Financial Services NA, Inc. v. Hassan, 273 A.D.2d 428, 710 N.Y.S.2d 607 (2d Dep't 2000)
She obtained her undergraduate Bachelor of Arts degree from SUNY Stony Brook and graduated cum laude from Pace University School of Law in 1995, where after serving as a staff member of the Pace Law Review, she was appointed to the position of Executive Editor.
U.S. District Courts (Southern, Eastern, Northern and Western Districts)